Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dun..Da..Dun..Dun



Here is my VERY hard work and sweat in action. The 1.8mm white diffused LEDS are not exactly the right size, so I had to modify the button gap to accommodate the ever so slightly larger kick me in the nuts LED. I just laughed to myself, as my girlfriend looked on with a look of bewilderment, when I first tried to fit the LED in its "home". COME ON LED, ARE YOU TO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME? Maybe it was...but I fixed that. The UV LED is really hard to see in this video, I suppose the camera I was using did not pick up the UV very well. The UV is not overwhelming to begin with so it is not surprising. I have said this before, but I will say it once more. If there are any requests to see anything specific, or how I did any of what you see, just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, congratulations!Is it complete? How many hours in total do you think you sent on the case mod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.

    Well it is hard to estimate how many hours I have in it, but I would venture to estimate, about 40, soldering, painting, grinding, cutting, and troubleshooting. I could definitely do it faster the second time around.

    The case is not complete just yet. The HDD cage needs to be repainted as the paint started flaking off. So after that is done and the cold cathodes are in, Phase I (the case) is complete.

    ReplyDelete